Readers’ Choice #2: Anderson Coopurr.

So, last Tuesday, while I was watching election coverage and writing a post piecemeal-style, I mentioned that one of my cats looks EXACTLY like Anderson Cooper. I got a few comments about this, but Brenna was emphatic:

“I need to see a picture of the Anderson Cooper cat. STAT.”

And so you shall, Brenna. So you shall. First, though, I would like to explain something. Irma was not interested in sitting for pictures this evening, and as it turns out, I have no good face shots of her as a grown-up cat. This turns out to be fine, because the pictures that best illustrate her uncanny resemblance to a certain television journalist were taken in her kitten years. However, Irma had…large ears as a kitten. She is a Devon Rex, and that is just how they are, you see. She looks perfectly lovely now, a model of feline proportion:
Irma, again

So in the following pictures, you must IGNORE IRMA’S EARS. Don’t get distracted. Focus instead upon her distinguished white hair and boyish good looks:

KITTEN OR JOURNALIST?Cooper #2
MAN OR CAT? KITTEN OR JOURNALIST?
Cat #2MAN OR CAT?
See? Didn’t I tell you? It makes watching CNN very odd indeed.

61 comments

1. Jen says:

Bizarre, and yet highly entertaining. Now, I want to know is if Irma shows any sort of reaction to her anchor-twin when he appears on the TV–affection, fear, raw feline envy?

2. jonniker says:

You need to know that I laughed a true hearty belly laugh at the conclusion of this post. The culmination of the “DO NOT LOOK AT THE EARS” with a cat named IRMA who looks like Anderson Cooper was too much to bear with a straight face.

I really rarely laugh out loud when I read things, but man oh man, I laughed hard at this.

3. Brenda says:

I totally see the Anderson Cooper stare in Irma’s ears. And OHMYGOSH, I have wanted a Devon Rex for quite a long time and those kitten pics of Irma may send me right over the edge to getting one. :)

4. Kate says:

Yes, but you know what would be WIERDER?? If you got a picture of Irma sitting on a manhole cover in the middle of the street.

What’s up with that??

5. Lynn Cameron says:

Omigod! I am so glad to have you in my life, Alexa- you make me laugh and cry on a regular basis (laughing, of course, today). Striking resemblance for sure.

6. Me? A Mom? says:

I’m sorry, you warned me, but I can only see ears. It’s like my eyes can not move from them. EARS. EARS. EARS. Like when you drive past a car wreck and can’t look away.

7. Anne says:

It’s true! How funny!

When I look at the pictures of Anderson Cooper, I have to wonder why they chose to take a photo of him sitting in the middle of a street next to manhole; I suspect trying to portray him as just the average guy. But, who does this in normal every day life?

8. Kathie says:

It’s the eyes, it’s most definitely the eyes. And perhaps the aura of “I feel your pain, oh tsunami-stricken / bomb-ridden / financially- ruined one”.
    I should add that this is the first time in my life that I have even heard of Anderson Cooper. Although my mother always told me that people whose names work both ways should not be trusted…

9. leigh hays says:

Initially I glanced at this entry – not giving it much thought other than I wasn’t seeing what you saw. Last night while I was watching AC360 on CNN – ALL I saw was your cat’s face.

10. Valerie Perrotta says:

Alexa, you are just too funny. I haven’t been lurking here in months when I happened to stumble across your blog listed in my favoites. I had to see how you were doing and am glad to see things are going so well for you!

Take care,
    Valerie

11. Kim says:

I stumbled upon a friend’s review of your book on Goodreads, and after seeing it was about infertility and IVF, thought maybe I should check you out. So, I make my way to your blog, and of course, I need to see the Silver Fox Kitty. And then I chuckle because I also have two Devon Rexes, so I can greatly appreciate having to coax people to look beyond The Ears.

Looks like I found a new blog to read. :)