0, 1, 2, 3, 4.

What?

DSC_0284

Three

Fourth

56 comments

1. Jeanette says:

A 4 year old miracle….What a wonderful series of pictures! I hope you get a good night’s sleep and feel much better tomorrow.

2. Leah says:

I can’t stop thinking about a card I once got that I wish I had 100 copies of to send to everyone (including Simone). It had a hippopotamus standing next to a bird and two little sheep on the front. Inside it said, “Hippo birdie two ewe, Hippo birdie two ewe, Hippo birdie two ewe, Hippo birdie two ewe.” I have no idea why I’ve always found that so entertaining.

Anyway, I wish Simone the happiest of birthdays and a kick ass year.

3. Carolyn says:

AH! My heart nearly stopped when I saw the first photo – I was worried you had your baby early again! But okay, photos of a baby that I know grows up to be a cutie? Phew! That is a much nicer post to read from you :)

• Cara says:

I’m kind of relieved to see I’m not the only one. Now if you could just tell me that the cheesy version of that line “I believe in miracles” started running through your head after you had the perfectly innocent thought that this is one of the reason you believe in miracles looking at Simone’s last photo…

4. suenapse says:

So Cute!!! and such a journey. Yay for your little family! I am a long time “lurker” and am glad she is such a happy healthy little girl.

5. sharon says:

Happy 4th Birthday Simone.

My goodness, the changes between the 3rd and 4th year photos are immense. Simone is quite the little girl now – now more toddler/baby-ness left. She’s going to make a great Big Sister!

Hope you and Nature Baby are holding up well Alexa.

6. Deborah says:

I also felt my heart stop, as I thought you’d given birth to another premature baby. But I’m glad to hear your big girl is having a happy birthday, instead.

7. Jennifer C. says:

Next year give her a mini-cupcake for the photo and see if she notices that they get smaller every year (except for the first photo, when she was given a celebratory bulb syringe.

Happy Birthday, Simone!

8. Halyn says:

Wow…that is just amazing, to look at the contrast between photo 0 and photo 4. It’s like, “How is that even possible?” How does that tiny baby (any baby really, but with Simone you really see it) become this full-fledged CHILD?
    Happy happy happy Birthday, Simone!!

9. She’s 4?! FOUR?!?! Like, four YEARS??

When did this happen? I mean, I’ve seen all of those previous photos as they were first published here on your blog, so this should not surprise me. But still! Wasn’t it just yesterday that she was an adorably chubby bald little one-year-old? And now, she looks like a real kid– no more toddler proportions . Oh, my. How the days fly!

Happy birthday, Simone!

10. (another) karen says:

Happy Birthday Beautiful, BIG Girl!!!!!!!!

Rumor has it at our house that FOUR. ROCKS.

ALL the best for the coming year!