118

Sells Much Better Than “Massive Teratoma.”

Hey, have you seen what I’m wearing? It’s new:

Viable

I call it VIABLE BABY.

118 comments

1. jonniker says:

I adore you. I am so happy for you. I just … this made my entire week. I am SO HAPPY FOR YOU ALEXA. STUPIDLY, BLUBBERINGLY SO.

I’m crying. I never cry for such shenanigans. I am not a cryer! But this is such a huge deal and a big, exciting EVERYTHING and I can’t. I can’t. I am so happy.

2. Sarah says:

Oh my, I’m an idiot who can’t type. YOU look great. I look like I live under a sweaty 42lb rock, otherwise known as my sick kid. ;)

3. Kymmi says:

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You look FAB, btw. I can’t wait for your follow up book “Fully Baked, and it feels so good”

4. Laura says:

Alexa, you made my day, with this fabulous pic! If I were there in person I would BEAM at your Viable-baby-belly with happy tears in my eyes. I am SO happy for you and your family, and prayers and good thoughts are coming to you daily!

5. Amanda says:

Amazing!!! Am actually weeping (this could have something to do with the hormones emitted by my own not-yet-viable baby’s accoutrements).

6. camille says:

WoooHoooo! I was just going to send a message to ask you to post about how you were doing, even if its just that baby is still okay. So glad!!!!

7. Kara says:

You gave me a heart attack with that title! My three year old darling was born with a teratoma that had to be removed when she was three weeks old. It was never seen on ultrasounds, though they frequently are. . .so I saw that title and almost started crying immediately, thinking one of those had been spotted on an ultrasound of your little one. Gah. I adore you and could not be more thrilled for you that everything is going well! But shame on you for scaring me! :)

8. Laura in Michigan says:

My family thinks it is a bit strange that I have worried about you. “You don’t even know her, Mom” says the teenager. Ah, but I feel like I do. I have missed you and even had to go so far as to check out your Twitter feed to make sure you were well. Glad all is going smoothly. Breathes a big sigh of relief……

9. Cris says:

I’m just really really thrilled for you and the whole family! Its such a great thing!

And another reason for celebration – you have a definite baby bump. I generally expanded everywhere, but you show a distinct difference between your belly and your thighs. I never did!

10. Meagan says:

Oh thank god! I have been so nervous for you and I am just so pleased to hear that things are going well! Congratulations on viable baby, let us know how everything else is going when you get a chance :)

11. Amelie says:

Congratulations!! I haven’t been here in much too long and missed the whole new baby story. Seems like yesterday that I read about Simone’s first weeks…

12. DRM says:

Awwwwww…! Careful – that baby bump is just bait for all kinds of crazy, old lady, strangers who will want to rub it like Aladdin’s lamp! You wear it well! Congrats!

13. Moomser says:

Wow! You look amazing! And viable baby rocks! And I hope you stay pregnant as long as possible, actually I really hope you get a chance to get to the point where you hate being pregnant cause you feel like the titanic!

14. Ann says:

I, like you, had really bad pelvic pain with my first and it started way earlier this pregnancy. The only thing that has helped is the chiropractor. I found one who primarily works on pregnant patients and it has worked wonders.

You look great! Happy Baby!

Ann

15. Janie says:

Congratulations! I hope you are pregnant for so long you have to start worrying about stretchmarks!

I see your GD news on the sidebar, I’m sorry. That’s not fair.

16. Hera says:

Yay for you! And yay for having the good sense not to lift up your shirt and post pics of sary big blue veins snaking their way across your burgeoning abdomen. Or the scary protruding navel (if you have one yet).
    Please don’t get me wrong — pregnancy is glorious and you so deserve to revel in it but I am alarmed by certain expectant bloggers who persist in posting pics that are almost gynecological in their detail. Many, many, many pics in many, many poses.
    Perhaps I am fast on my way to becoming a cranky old lady but so much self-absorption can’t be good, can it?
    Your blog is a delight.